Make a puppet! Enjoy sculpture, painting, costume making and drama. Develop a voice, a character, and a costume to suit your puppet. Work together in developing a performance for presentation to an audience of invited guests.
Finally, feel the pride of exhibiting your puppet in a public exhibition at the Atwell House Art Gallery.
- Build armature and begin Mâché
- Complete head. (Adult to dry in microwave)
- Paint face and glue hair
- Dress to suit character
- Rehearse. Experiment with voices. Rehearse short conversations.
- Make afternoon tea. Freeze. Rehearsal.
- Prepare and present afternoon tea. (Cup of tea with adult support) Performance for family /friends.
Suitable for: Ages 8-12
Materials: Children to please bring the following
- apron or old large t-shirt
- dusk mask (needed while mixing dry mâché)
- Piece of used fabric of your choice for costume approx. 40cm diameter (bring later to match character-not needed until lesson 4) and something for the hair (e.g. straw, audio/video tape. Wool and string will already be available).
Nancy has a Graduate Diploma in Art Education and for many years taught primary age children as a Primary Art Specialist.
For Nancy the artistic work of children reveals a sense of freedom and easy expression often sought by adults in the making of art.
- Members $200
- Members Early Bird $180 (Avail from 30 May - 24 June, 2022)
- Non-Members $225