Painting and drawing are an important part of the course and is often the starting point for a project that follows one or two themes per term. This class differs from others in the fact that is multimedia and extends beyond painting and drawing. Students will typically have the opportunity to create art with the following mediums: Print making with a printing press, Collage and mixed media work, Bookbinding and craft, Acrylic and water-based paints, Pastels and pencil.
Work is not purely representative, and students will have the opportunity to explore elements of design, abstraction, personal expression, decorative art, pattern and craft.
- Colour mixing skills and ability to work within a limited palette.
- Observational and experimental drawing and painting skills
- Mixed media skills – how to combine different medias on the same piece of work
- Various printmaking methods and techniques
- Abstraction of form
- Ability to plan and execute a personal art project with imagination from an initial given starting point.
- Composition and how to work within the constraints of a piece of paper.
Suitable for: Ages 10+
Materials: Materials supplied
Bridget completed a Fine Art degree in 1997 (UK) and moved to Australia to pursue her love of the bush which inspires her as a painter and printmaker. She is a qualified art teacher and enjoys sharing her skills teaching art within the community.
At her home studio she works predominantly in acrylic and monoprint interpreting the landscape through mark making techniques and experimental colour. Bridget is an active member of the Printmakers association of WA and exhibits regularly.
Thursdays 5.30 - 7.00pm 28 July - 22 September
Please Note: This is a Nine Week Term
- Members - $180
- Members Early Bird - $165 (from 30 May - 24 June, 2022)
- Non-Members - $205