Felicia introduces students to mixed media.
You will be delving into acrylic painting together with different mediums, mark making, subject matter & approach.
Aim to push yourself out of the standard traditional acrylic painting zone, add texture, use unusual supports and/or abstraction.
- Participants learn the skills, techniques and principles required of painting.
- New ways of applying paint and new methods of painting.
- How to combine mixed media with acrylic paint.
Suitable for: All levels
- Acrylic paint: red, yellow, blue, white and umber.
- Canvas board medium size
- Brushes: medium size, hog hair combination of round and square
- Palette: Any flat round board or something similar
- Palette knife for mixing paint
As a figurative Visual Artist, Felicia purposefully aims to capture the substance of our beautiful and unique landscape here in WA.
Light, colour and movement are key components of Felicia's’ work, along with the use of acrylic or soft pastels and strives to capture simple delightful moments in our daily surroundings – perhaps long enough to bring our attention back to the beautiful little things we all take for granted whilst getting on with our busy lives.
The breadth and appeal of Felicia's’ artwork, covering subjects like WA landscapes, animals, mining and portraiture, is demonstrated by being significantly represented in both private and corporate collections.
Felicia is an award winning artist who is passionate about her art practice.
Thursdays 9.30am - 12.00pm
28 July - 15 September
- Member $275 incl. GST
- Member – Early bird – (avail 30 May - 24 June, 2022)
- Non-Member: $303 incl. GST